Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Cheese has Moved

The Swiss nationals are approaching and if all goes to plan I will be on the starting line. In theory I'm defending the title but in fact I will be looking for cheese. Last year I showed up in Geneva with a boat on which I had hundreds of hours, a boat that was never really fast but never slow, a boat on which I was confident I could win at the slowest possible speed.

The Cheese has definitely moved since then. There's a new boat with higher top speed but it's the average that counts and I have no idea what that average is and how to keep it up - I've just got a couple of hours in the boat in its current configuration. I hear Switzerland is right up there as far as places to look for cheese go and that's what I'll be doing.

The "Handwriting On the Wall" (from Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson):

Change Happens
They Keep Moving The Cheese
Anticipate Change
Get Ready For The Cheese To Move
Monitor Change
Smell The Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old
Adapt To Change Quickly
The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese
Change
Move With The Cheese
Enjoy Change!
Savor The Adventure And Enjoy The Taste Of New Cheese!
Be Ready To Change Quickly And Enjoy It Again
They Keep Moving The Cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment